Kirstie26
Level 1: Cadet

home phone connection

I have just moved into a house on a remote property in rural QLD. There is a phone line here, when i plugged my handset in a recording says "this service is not connected at this time, please call service provider/telstra on 132200." I did this a few weeks ago and the person i talked to said the address I gave them wasn't coming up in the system. I was told to find out what service provider the previous tenants used but that has proved impossible. There is a Telstra Power Supply unit model PSU-T01 under our house and a 3 foot white tube in our yard that says Telstra access live wires on it so I assume previous tenants have gone through Telstra. I have tried to connect it online and when I enter my address I get the following message - TELSTRA HOME PHONES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA Thanks for telling us your address, unfortunately we may not be able to service your area. Please call 1800 336 028 or contact Live Chat about plan options. I only require the land line home phone connection, no internet required. I need help with what to do next!? Is there a way to find out the previous service provider?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: home phone connection

Hi Kirstie,

Sorry it took a while to reply. It's possible you've moved into an estate which doesn't support Telstra products and services. Typically if your address does not show up our team can put through an unconfirmed address request to have this updated on our end. Have you followed up with our team to discuss this further and if so has there been any update?

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 20: Director

@Chris_G wrote:

Hi Kirstie,

Sorry it took a while to reply. It's possible you've moved into an estate which doesn't support Telstra products and services.

@Chris_G But if that was the case you wouldn't get the recording that @Kirstie26 mentioned that is saying "this service is not connected at this time, please call service provider/telstra on 132200."???

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Support Team
Support Team

Understood @Ozmoz, however this could be a generic message. Without more details it's hard to say with certainty. My advice in this case would definitely be to arrange an unconfirmed address service request and go from there.

-Chris

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

@Chris_G Ok cool.... just a learning curve for me. I've never been in a position to plug a phone into an area not serviced by Telstra, so wasn't sure what you would hear :-)

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Support Team
Support Team

No problem @Ozmoz

If you need any help or support in the future we are here online 24/7.

- Stef

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more