CrowdSupport®
silvercity66
Level 3: Gumshoe

home phone issues

Hi have had problems with home phone not receiving calls but can make calls to those numbers. Have had telstra out at least 3 times over the last year or so. Phone has not worked properly for at least 6 months since last service call. Just get sick of calling them and they do not fix it properly. Changed handsets 3 times and no changes. Have adsl on line and it works ok. Have done all telstra requested tests until sick of it. Anyone with any ideas please. silvercity66

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: home phone issues

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing.

What happens when people call your number; do they get a busy signal, a recorded message or directed to a different number?

When you call out, do you have a normal dial tone or does it sound different?

If you call your mobile from your home service, does the number that appears on the mobile match your phone number?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

silvercity66
Level 3: Gumshoe

when people ring me there is static on the line and it disconnects after about 5 seconds.

When i ring my mobile from my home phone the home phone number is the correct one showing on the mobile.

When i dial out i have a normal dial tone

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you confirm that each telephone that has a cable going to the telephone socket is connected via an ADSL filter? 

If you disconnect the modem from the phone socket, does this resolve the issue with the noise and the calls dropping out?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now