CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
pbruce
Level 2: Rookie

home phone

Answered

I cant ring you because it will result in an interminable unproductive conversation with the Philippines. Why you persist with this useless arrangement escapes me.

I recently enquired about discontinuing my landline as I dont use it but was told it was not costing me anything so I left it. Now you send a notice of a price increase? What exactly does this pay for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: home phone

I'm not sure how you aren't paying for your Home Phone service (unless you have an NBN internet service which includes home phone - call charges are extra). If you have a Home Phone Plan, you will be paying for it.

If you have ADSL, then you won't be able to get rid of your Home Phone Landline without cancelling your Internet service as well (ADSL requires a Landline service to run on).

If you don't have ADSL and you wish to cancel your Home Phone, call 132200 and ask for Disconnections (an Adelaide based team) during business hours.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: home phone

I'm not sure how you aren't paying for your Home Phone service (unless you have an NBN internet service which includes home phone - call charges are extra). If you have a Home Phone Plan, you will be paying for it.

If you have ADSL, then you won't be able to get rid of your Home Phone Landline without cancelling your Internet service as well (ADSL requires a Landline service to run on).

If you don't have ADSL and you wish to cancel your Home Phone, call 132200 and ask for Disconnections (an Adelaide based team) during business hours.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now