beatrijs
Level 2: Rookie

how can I extend a ring time on my home phone before calls divert to my messagebank

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: how can I extend a ring time on my home phone before calls divert to my messagebank

Firstly welcome to the Crowd Beatrijs,

I've had a quick look through our Help/FAQs, and have located this for you:

Q) How can I change the length of time my phone rings before it diverts to Telstra Home Messages?

By default, unanswered calls are diverted within approximately 20 seconds (6-7 rings).

To change the ring time:

Step 1 of 3: Pick up the phone and press * 99
Step 2 of 3:
Enter the number of seconds you wish the phone to ring before a call is diverted (between 5 and 60 seconds).
Step 3 of 3: Press # and hang up.

Hope that helps!

Otherwise happy surfing!

CrowdSurfer

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
27 REPLIES
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: how can I extend a ring time on my home phone before calls divert to my messagebank

Firstly welcome to the Crowd Beatrijs,

I've had a quick look through our Help/FAQs, and have located this for you:

Q) How can I change the length of time my phone rings before it diverts to Telstra Home Messages?

By default, unanswered calls are diverted within approximately 20 seconds (6-7 rings).

To change the ring time:

Step 2 of 3:
Enter the number of seconds you wish the phone to ring before a call is diverted (between 5 and 60 seconds).
Step 3 of 3: Press # and hang up.

Hope that helps!

Otherwise happy surfing!

CrowdSurfer

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

beatrijs

Hallo CrowdSurfer, thanks for the welcoming words!

Your answer was terrific, tried it out straight away. Saves me from racing through the garden to my house in tim!

Thanks again!

GuruSB
Level 1: Cadet

How do I check the time before calls will get diverted into message bank?

Is there any command that I press and it will return the number of seconds 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey GuruSB,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

GuruSB, according to our Home Features User Guide,your unanswered calls are usually forwarded to MessageBank after 20 seconds, or about seven rings.

However, you can change this to anything from five to 60 seconds.

Thanks GuruSB.

GuruSB

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the changes but I have not yet tested it.

I wanted to know if there is any command that I can type in the phone and that will tell me the time set.

Regards

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi GuruSB,

I'm not sure that there actually is a way to just check the current ringtime outside of simply calling your phone.

- Tim
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

swampyro

Am l able to do this with a uniden walkabout phone or do l need to use the orginal telstra land line phone,

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi swapmyro,

You can use any phone to do it. Smiley Happy

Scoobyman

Does this work for I phone5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Scoobyman,

To extend the ring time on your mobile phone, enter the following sequence :

**61*101**(number of seconds: 152025 or 30)#

Then press the call/send button.

Thanks

rabrowne

I tried the **61 etc command to extend the time before MessageBank answers and would only go to about 20 secs even though I had specified 30 secs.  I also tried the *9930# which did work then tried to extend to 60 secs with *9960#. The later did extend but only to 45 secs not the full 60 secs!! The Home Phone Features documentation does not seem to mention the *99xx# feature.  Please, please can the documentation cover these cases properly!!

Thanks

bazinoz1

d
Community Manager

Hi bazinoz1,

Was there something you were needing?

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BPOC

Just tried this on my Telstra landline phone and it didn't work. Any thoughts before I ring the techos?

Community Manager

Hi BPOC, 

Please make sure you try this:

You  can extend the ringtime before a call gets diverted to MessageBank: 

1.From your phone dial * 99

2.Enter the number of seconds phone is to ring before going to MessageBank (must be between 5 and 55 seconds.)

3.Press HASH ( # )

4.Replace the handset

Example: If you want to set the ring time to 30 seconds  you would: 

1.From the handset dial *9930#

2.Hang up

If this is not working for you, please contact support on 132200 or Live chat online here:  http://tel.st/hsc3

Regards -

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

jadickie

This actually turned off our message bank!!

Rodlg

Thanks that works great for the extending the time.  

Aaguda2

will this be the same for if i have a fax macine
Aaguda2

Community Manager

HI Aaguda2,

The presence of a fax service should affect the steps mentioned above.

Cheers, Tim 

LachlanE

I've tried to use the dial *99 process and it isn't working. Is there another way to change the ring time?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi LachlanE,

What happens when you initially pick up the handset and dial *99? 

For Landline it's the following: 

Step 1 of 3: Pick up the phone and press * 99

Step 2: Enter the number of seconds you wish the phone to ring before a call is diverted (between 5 and 60 seconds).

Step 3: Press # and hang up. 

gutbuster

I think Telstra like your phones to divert adapt, then they make more money with message bank and return calls
They should make the default the max number of rings and let you shorten that if you really want to. I can't see any customer advantage in quick diverts??!!??!!
Ssnowy

I have a Uniden Loud and Clear desktop phone
It was only ringing 4 times
I was able to get it to ring 11 time by going to
Menu
Scrolling to Answering Set-up
OK
Scroll to Ringtime
OK
Scroll to 12 Times
OK
Hope that helps someone
toomas

How do I extend the ring time before calls go to message bank on Panasonic KX-TGD320AL

Community Manager

Hi @154122

To change the length of time your home phone rings before it diverts to Telstra Home Messages, follow these steps. 

By default, unanswered calls are diverted within approximately 20 seconds (6-7 rings). To extend this

Step 2: Enter the number of seconds you wish the phone to ring before a call is diverted (between 5 and 60 seconds).
Step 3: Press # and hang up. 

Please let me know if you have any questions

I'm happy to assist where possible or at least point you in the right direction

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out