CrowdSupport®
kris4
Level 2: Rookie

no dial tone - new modem not working

long story but have been a telstra cusomer over 20 years (yes when it was Telecom) in September i had someone ring up and offer me a new deal and new modem. Excellent thanks so took up offer. Since then my private unlisted number was published, given new number which doesnt work and not listed on my bill. Fancy new modem i was sent also doesnt work (luckily the old one wasnt broken anyway so using that)

Frustrating thing (mainly) is Im supposed to call telstra to have all this sorted - umm phone doesnt work so how is that even possible. and yes i have a mobile but i am probably in the only black spot in newcastle that doesnt have mobile coverage so can't use that.

Live chat would be great but when i make all selections it says to call.

So Id like a) my private, unlisted number to actually work and b) my new modem to work and be able to do this via live chat and c) a written transcript of all my calls previously in relation to this to send to Ombudsman

Please and thank you

I wonder are new customers treated better and loyal customers just neglected ???

just so frustrated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: no dial tone - new modem not working

Hey Kris,

As this is a public forum, you might find that the help able to be given via this method is slightly limited, because for privacy reason they aren't able to confirm your personal details and as such aren't able to confirm you meaning they can't actually do anything on your account for you.

As far as your phone not working, I would suggest lodging a fault here: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/

As far as the modem not working, you should be able to chat with Tech Support, I would suggest selecting Faults and Technical Support, then BigPond Technical Support Enquiry, and that should get you through to a BigPond Tech agent who should be able to help with your internet/modem issues.

With the your third one (c), this one I believe would require an complaint to be lodged first and for the complaint to be escalated to the TIO (the ombudsman)... The TIO generally only take on cases where a complaint has been lodged with the telco (in this case Telstra) and you have given them a reasonable chance to resolve the issue... as you haven't been able to contact Telstra in your trys, they wouldn't know the problem exists and as such haven't been able to actually resolve it... that is generally the way the TIO work, but you would need to contact them to find out for sure... but in the meanwhile, I would suggest lodging the fault form, and speaking to livechat, if those two methods do not help, lodge complaint here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Generally, issues are resolved when they are identified, but if you haven't been able to get hold of Telstra, they wouldn't know the problem exists and can't really fix it... but problems can happen for new customer and long term customers and those in between...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kris4,

Hopefully this issue has now been resolved for you and you are able to access your internet service. If not, then please follow the steps that DrQwerty90 advised.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kris4

Thank you - I managed to reach Telstra and the home phone is now fixed but the modem is still an issue. we have gone as far as we can for now. Thanks again for your help Smiley Happy
kris4

Things have been fixed as much as they can for now. Thank you
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear Kris4, thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now