Highlighted
slowspeed
Level 1: Cadet

phone line

Answered

I live in a block of 7 units, separated by title. I am looking at doing a extension and have found 3 phone lines running through my roof, that belong to the 3 units after me,

what happens when these wires get cut and removed from my property, to the units after me. I don't need permission as there on my property.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: phone line

If you cut those lines the three units will lose there phone and or internet service. Even though the phone lines run through your roof they are part of the common property of the seven units and you don't have the right to disconnect them.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: phone line

If you cut those lines the three units will lose there phone and or internet service. Even though the phone lines run through your roof they are part of the common property of the seven units and you don't have the right to disconnect them.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now