Bubbles888
Level 1: Cadet

phone

Answered

Hello, I am enquiring about land lines on behalf of my parents. Yvonne and Robert Gibb. They had a letter saying fixed phone features are ending soon. So does this mean they have to get a new phone.? Or can they keep on using their phone. They don't use internet. They have no need for it.they only use phone to ring people and thats all. Thanknyou for your service. 

<removed for your privacy>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: phone

@Bubbles888 You need to remove your email address. Otherwise it can generate spam from not-so-nice people seeing it.

The Telstra phone will plug into the NBN modem as normal.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

@Bubbles888 You need to remove your email address. Otherwise it can generate spam from not-so-nice people seeing it.

The Telstra phone will plug into the NBN modem as normal.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

They can keep using there old phone but they will have to contact a RSP such as Telstra (132200) to arrange cutover to NBN. They can continue on there exiting plan or transfer to one of these new phone only plans.

If staying with Telstra they will get a modem free of charge which connects to the NBN. Their existing phone will plug into the Telstra modem.

If they don’t transfer to NBN before final cut over date there existing phone line will be disconnected.

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Bubbles888,

The letter could be referring to Telstra Home Phone Features Exit.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/Telstra-Home-Phone-Features-Exit/ba-p/747300

An authorised person on the Account can visit a Telstra store or ring 132200 to have the meaning of the letter confirmed.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now