Highlighted
nightmares
Level 1: Cadet

promises, promises

After ten months of nonsense, bills for non existent accounts. Double billing. Letter to CEO. & CEO of complaints. Fixed. Or so I thought. They stopped email billing, paper billing and cut off usernames and passwords. Then cut off the phone & Internet with no notice. Told last Wednesday will be fixed max 24 hours. That was 216 hours ago and still asking still waiting and still be fed bull**bleep**. Next letter is to the ombudsman and the minister

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 21: Augmented

Re: promises, promises

My experience with Telstra is a different one - Telstra does their best... But they have to fight with NBN (at least in my case) and it seems the NBN is having the upper hand... I persisted and it worked...
I did not need to go to CEOs nor to TIO or minister, but I had to be persistent and provide good, relevant information...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @nightmares I'm sorry to hear you've had more difficult experience connecting an NBN service than we would have hoped. 

As you've advised that you have an existing complaint case manager within the CEO complaint team, I would recommend that the best course of action for continued assistance with this matter is to reach out to your case manager again and they'll advise further. At this stage diverting to other channels is just starting at the bottom again and isn't necessary. You have a one on one contact, for the continued support with your case it is most efficient to continue your conversation with them directly. 

I apologise for the troubles, we'll work with you until it's resolved. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

nightmares

The sad thing about Telstra is the unfortunate fact that they care more about pleasing shareholders. Mine was never an nbn issue because it is not available to me.
The issue was plain old incompetence and severe lack of pertinent communication within and between billing and tech support.
You seem to think that spending nearly 70 hours on the phone with Telstra reps is not persistence
I have MUCH better things to do with my limited available time.
The letter to Andrew Penn was my last resort. And it worked, until it started again ten days ago.
Telstra, it seems can be likened to a near out of control freight train, with no schedule or driver
nightmares

Cas-Ra. I do have a case manager, but as I wrote, ten months of nonsense.
I was merely venting my immense frustration.
It has been akin to talking to a deaf person.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @nightmares, I appreciate your comments and apologise for the amount of time spent trying to resolve these matters. I understand the need to vent and assure you we take your comments seriously. May I ask if there is anything we can do to assist perhaps? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

nightmares

It seems if one is the sqeekiest hinge. Miraculous recovery of landline today. It only took 11 days. A little longer support than the promised Max 24 hours. Only 200 hours overdue. That's nothing it seems. I'll just have to wait a while for the next amazi

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now