a1b2c3d4
Level 1: Cadet

second phone handset not working with nbn

Answered

I have just connected with nbn internet and phone services, the internet and phone are all working but I have two hand set, now only the one connected with the nbn modern is working but the second hand set is not working, can someone let me how to make it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: second phone handset not working with nbn

If you have a second wired handset you will need a phone double adapter to connect it to the modem.

If the second phone is not located near the modem but in another room you will have to employee a licensed cabler to isolate the phone socket in other room from street cabling and connect the socket to a second phone second phone socket near the modem that can be connected to the phone port on the modem use a phone double adapter.

Another alternative is purchase a Telstra voice extender which the second phone plugs into and connects to the wireless DECT base in the modem, The link below shows how set up voice extender.
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/How-to-add-a-voice-extender-to-your-nbn-connection-...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: second phone handset not working with nbn

If you have a second wired handset you will need a phone double adapter to connect it to the modem.

If the second phone is not located near the modem but in another room you will have to employee a licensed cabler to isolate the phone socket in other room from street cabling and connect the socket to a second phone second phone socket near the modem that can be connected to the phone port on the modem use a phone double adapter.

Another alternative is purchase a Telstra voice extender which the second phone plugs into and connects to the wireless DECT base in the modem, The link below shows how set up voice extender.
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/How-to-add-a-voice-extender-to-your-nbn-connection-...

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now