CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
christophera
Level 1: Cadet

trouble moving services

Answered

I'm in the process of moving house and want to transfer my ADSL and phone line to the new one. Should be straight forward, however I contacted my ISP iinet and gave them details of new phone line. At the "new" place I plugged a phone in and dialled 12722123 which came back with the phone number. I gave this number to iinet and as it is on the same exchange as my current number asked that my current number be moved to this line also. They have come back and told me that their "system" does not show any line connected to the new premises (it is 2 years old) and I will have to pay for a new connection. I explained that there was a dial tone and i had used the dial back feature but the person on the other end insisted that the line does not show up. They are telling me that I will have to pay $299 for a new connection but I don't see why I should if it is already connected. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do next please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: trouble moving services

You have done the right thing. It appears that iiNet aren't taking what you are saying on board or aren't using the Wholesale processes correctly.

Your options are to fight it out with them, pay the $299 or to consider moving your services to a provider that can find the line (such as Telstra Smiley Wink )

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

The number previously connected at your new address could have been running on a different infrastructure (EG Optus infrastructure as opposed to Telstra Infrastructure) hence why it is showing up that a new line is required and why you have to pay for a new line to be connected at the premises.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

You have done the right thing. It appears that iiNet aren't taking what you are saying on board or aren't using the Wholesale processes correctly.

Your options are to fight it out with them, pay the $299 or to consider moving your services to a provider that can find the line (such as Telstra Smiley Wink )

B.

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Ben_F

@nelly82 wrote:

The number previously connected at your new address could have been running on a different infrastructure (EG Optus infrastructure as opposed to Telstra Infrastructure) hence why it is showing up that a new line is required and why you have to pay for a new line to be connected at the premises.

12722123 will only work on Telstra Infrastructure

New Users - Click Here!

nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

@Ben_F wrote:

12722123 will only work on Telstra Infrastructure

Well there ya go!  Learned something new today Smiley Very Happy

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
christophera
Level 1: Cadet

All good now. I sent an email last night explaining everything that I had told their support person as well as the response I got. This morning they called an apologised and assured me the move would go ahead without charging me the $299 as they had confirmation from Telstra.

All good. Thanks for your input.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now