Highlighted
ZombieShock
Level 2: Rookie

Huawei P30 Pro - Software Updates

Answered

Telstra has been stocking the Huawei P30 Pro since it's launch. In that time two major software updates have been released by Huawei - 1.124 and 1.153 - which add major features to the camera and other components, as well as android security updates. Currently Telstra list no updates pending for this device (Vodaphone has updates scheduled for testing).

How long are we expected to wait until we get these updates ?  Or should I start looking elsewhere for them ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ZombieShock
Accepted Solution

Re: Huawei P30 Pro - Software Updates

Telstra still show no updates pending for this phone, which is disappointing, and frankly, puzzling to Huawei support. I ended up using their online chat at the Australia Huawei support portal, and raised the issue of not getting updates.

The level one support person was very polite and took a lot of details and looked into the situation for me. When they could not resolve it, they promised that a level 2 tech would contact me within 24 hours, which they did. They could not understand what the hold up was, but they said they would request a priority push of the updates to my phone, and told me these should come through in a few days.

It ended up taking four days, but I got the update notification of Friday night and installed the latest version. I now have the April security updates from google, notification icons on the Always on Display, and all the new camera features and upgrades. I even seem to be getting better battery life.

The most interesting part of this process ? When Huawei support requested that the updates be pushed to my phone, they had to do this through Telstra.

Anyway, if you are sick of waiting, contact Huawei support. Be polite, as this does not appear to be their fault. A little patience, and you could have your updates too.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ZombieShock,

Appreciate the concerns with the software updates for your handset. 

Once a manufacturer has provided an update to Telstra for testing it will be listed here: https://tel.st/zvyuf

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ZombieShock
Accepted Solution

Telstra still show no updates pending for this phone, which is disappointing, and frankly, puzzling to Huawei support. I ended up using their online chat at the Australia Huawei support portal, and raised the issue of not getting updates.

The level one support person was very polite and took a lot of details and looked into the situation for me. When they could not resolve it, they promised that a level 2 tech would contact me within 24 hours, which they did. They could not understand what the hold up was, but they said they would request a priority push of the updates to my phone, and told me these should come through in a few days.

It ended up taking four days, but I got the update notification of Friday night and installed the latest version. I now have the April security updates from google, notification icons on the Always on Display, and all the new camera features and upgrades. I even seem to be getting better battery life.

The most interesting part of this process ? When Huawei support requested that the updates be pushed to my phone, they had to do this through Telstra.

Anyway, if you are sick of waiting, contact Huawei support. Be polite, as this does not appear to be their fault. A little patience, and you could have your updates too.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now