Highlighted
rictic
Level 2: Rookie

USB Dongle prepaid

Answered

Have a HUAWEI LTE WINGLE mobile broadband pre-paid dongle from Telstra. Telstra has changed their security codes and I can no longer get my usage on my dashboard. I have been on to chat for 1 and half hours on the 17th of February. I have been to telstra shop and Nick Dunleavy gave me the phone number attached to sim card in the dongle and said I could find out at my pre-paid.telstra.com. However, this appears only to work on phones and not on dongles or wingles.   I can phone the pre-paid Telstra number and pay for more usage but on a daily - weekly basis I have not idea of my usage.   They have up graded their security codes for information that they send to their prepaid customers phones but as I have a dongle and not a phone I can not access the code upgrade. The functionality of the dongle is now impared as it can not do a handshake with Telestra to get daily usage or messages. All I get now is a message to say they have changed their decurity settings.   I would appreciate some help here.   Thank you,   Rick    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: USB Dongle prepaid

Firstly, posting the same thing a half dozen times is unlikely to actually get you any more help. This is a community forum made up of mostly other customers helping where they are able to, as such with any community there are periods where it is busier and quieter, posting it multiple times just makes it more difficult for the community to help and means the moderation team have to then clean it up.

Telstra have updated their security system in line with standard industry practices. If you are not satisfied with the responses you have recieve from the support team regarding system updates to enable it to respond as expected you could try an official complaint - http://telstra.com/complaints

As fas a interim solutions there is a couple options, while connected to the internet via the dongle you should be able to access m.telstra.com and that should show your current balance, you could also use Telstra MyAccount, once you have linked it to the dongles phone number it should show you your balance and that can then also be accessed via the Telstra 24x7 app on a mobile/tablet device as well - http://tel.st/myacc
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: USB Dongle prepaid

Firstly, posting the same thing a half dozen times is unlikely to actually get you any more help. This is a community forum made up of mostly other customers helping where they are able to, as such with any community there are periods where it is busier and quieter, posting it multiple times just makes it more difficult for the community to help and means the moderation team have to then clean it up.

Telstra have updated their security system in line with standard industry practices. If you are not satisfied with the responses you have recieve from the support team regarding system updates to enable it to respond as expected you could try an official complaint - http://telstra.com/complaints

As fas a interim solutions there is a couple options, while connected to the internet via the dongle you should be able to access m.telstra.com and that should show your current balance, you could also use Telstra MyAccount, once you have linked it to the dongles phone number it should show you your balance and that can then also be accessed via the Telstra 24x7 app on a mobile/tablet device as well - http://tel.st/myacc
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now