Highlighted
Tonkie87
Level 1: Cadet

4G LTE USB Modem not being detected

Answered

Hi, 

My Telstra LTE USB 4G Modem recently just stopped wanting to work. I just started using it again as I have been traveling a bit lately and needed a connection. I purchaced it back in November 2012 and have probably used it a good 2-3 times since then. I keep getting an error message saying that the it cannot be used at this time. 

I put the sim card in my Mobile and the connection worked fine so I dont believe it is the SIM Its just very annoying to have to swap out my sim in order to use a connection (My mobile plan only comes with 250mb of data)

Is there any way I can fix this without going out and buying a new device? (As I am sure it is out of warranty by now)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: 4G LTE USB Modem not being detected

Sounds like there might be something amiss with the drivers for the unit. Go to the following link and download and update the drivers for the unit and see if that helps.

http://zte.com.au/telstra/MF821.htm

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi

What type/model do you have?

What software are you using to connect?

This error usually means that it's in software installaion mode.

cheers

Tonkie87

Hi,

the sotware is Mobile Broadband Manager 3.8.11219 I tried to check for updated but it wont allow me.

ZTE MF821 is the model

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Sounds like there might be something amiss with the drivers for the unit. Go to the following link and download and update the drivers for the unit and see if that helps.

http://zte.com.au/telstra/MF821.htm

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Tonkie87

Thanks alot for the help!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now