CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

4G Router DLINK DWR116

Have bought a Dlink Router in hope of getting ethernet from my Telstra 4g ZTE MF823 Modem Dongle

Dlink says this device is supported & have followed thier setup instructions

The Dlink control Panel says device is connected but I have no internet connection?

Anyone with similar problems?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: 4G Router DLINK DWR116

I addition to this info - The dongle works independantly - just not with the Dlink hardware

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hopefully you have found the answer already, but just in case you haven't ...

You will no longer need to use the connection manager to connect to the internet, however you may need to make sure that the D-Link is configured with the correct APN setting:  telstra.internet

Please note: Proxy server and Proxy port are no longer required.

If the modem is showing as connected, but you are unable to access the internet, try connecting from another device. Are you able to access the D-Links interface?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,

The MF823 in Australia can be different to other markets.  So in which market do they (D-Link) say that they have MF823 supported?  Another choice is you could look into the Open source created firmware for a range routers that does have support for more modems then usually listed by the original manufacturers - read about this at www.ofmodemsandmen.com

Regards,

D.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit