CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MG1
Level 1: Cadet

4G USB Mobile Modem with WiFi and Broadband Connection Manager

I am trying to install software for a Brother multifunction centre ( MFC-L2703DW) using a telstra prepaid mobile 4G USB stick for broadband.

I move around a lot and want to do a wireless rather than a USB setup.

I selected the Wireless Network connection option however when it did a network search it didn't pick up my stick.

I tried to add in another network however it asked for the plus I don't know what the security key - I only have the mobile number.

Please help.

Mary

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 4G USB Mobile Modem with WiFi and Broadband Connection Manager

Hey MG1,

It will depend on the make and model of the Pre-Paid Mobile device that you are using. Does this 4G USB stick also have the WiFi connection capability? This will be crucial to having this printer connected as it does appear that the WiFi network is not being picked up by the printer. 

Can you confirm the make and model number of the Mobile Broadband USB stick that you were using?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit