CrowdSupport®
mirrmu
Level 3: Gumshoe

4GX WiFi Pro - data usage and update issues

Hi,

Purchased a Telstra 4GX WiFi Pro prepaid package.

No data usage displayed, has said "data usage info unavailable at this time" , been like that since I purchased the device last week

Will not do the update 21.235.01.00.302 either with the 4GX WiFi Pro modem or from the modem webpage on my computer

Does anyone know what not right with this stuff? fixes?

thanks

martin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 4GX WiFi Pro - data usage and update issues

Hello mirrmu, 

Oh that is certainly not good to hear at all. I would recommend raising this with our technical support on 133 933 and they will be able to assist you .

- Simone

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mirrmu
Level 3: Gumshoe

hi,

i raised this with the prepaid team, my usage is showing on MyAccount page but not coming through to device

the prepaid team advised to return and exchange for new 4GX WiFi Pro modem, very frustrating

thanks

dkapps
Level 1: Cadet

Hi I purchased the same device last week and have the same problem. Went back to the telstra shop and the tech put his SIM in my device and his data usage was displayed, and was able to update. Put my SIM back in and same message came up...Data Usage info not available at this time. Device works fine, but he suggests it is a Prepaid issue with the SIM. Have spoken to online techs, with no success also.

magnus1941
Level 2: Rookie

Am currently going round this loop with one of these that is only 4 days old.  Have had a complete disaster with chat, phone call, visits to two Telstra shops, one of which wanted to charge me $100 to send it off for repair because I purchased the unit on line!

Have filed a formal complaint with Telstra.  So will be interesting to see what happens.  I suspect nothing, so I may end up with a partially working unit.  Or a small brick for a fish pond.!

dkapps

Hi, Around two weeks after my message, the data info suddenly appeared, for reasons unknown, and is now working fine.

MarkyB_MEB

Hi - I'm in the same boat. Bought a Huawei Telstra 4GX WiFi Pro (E5787) prepaid, and can't see the data usage on the device, nor can I get the essential system update to work either on device or via web interface. Pretty frustrating.

Edit : fixed a couple of typos.

magnus1941

Update July 21st, 2017

Unit was sent away and replaced with a new one. Same issue. No data and update fails. So, had tech at the Telstra shop record all the details and am now going to go through the process of obtaining a refund. Wish me liuck everyone!

Malleegirl23

I have had the same issue since I purchased mine 4 weeks ago. Wasn't too concerned about it not showing data usage meter but now the device won't update.

Not sure what to do ?
LucasCraft2684

The exact same thing is happening to my 4GX Wifi-Pro. I really need an answer. Its to bad there is not many support pages and topics on the 4GX Wifi-Pro unit

Jimb05

Perhaps try switching it off and taking the battery out. Then restart it.  
My 4GX Advanced III hadn't been showing data usage for sometime but I did this and now it does. Smiley Surprised 

@LucasCraft2684 wrote:

The exact same thing is happening to my 4GX Wifi-Pro. I really need an answer. Its to bad there is not many support pages and topics on the 4GX Wifi-Pro unit

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now