Highlighted
Snuff4me
Level 1: Cadet

4g wifi

Answered
Hi have just switched over from the 3G USB stick to the new 4g pocket wifi , it works fine apart from the constant disconnecting , but the real issue for me is the chewing up of my data, im on a 15g monthly plan and that's always been plenty for me, but now within 3 weeks I've hit my cap, why is this happening? Can other users in your area access your wifi.. Any info would be appreciated thanks.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 4g wifi

If the device doesn't have a password, then yes.

It's also likely that you are able to view content faster, and this is why your limit is being used up (ie: your just using more then you thought). I've seen it happen personally in that regard.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Additionally, ensure you are turning your 'pocket wifi' device off when not in use. This helps minimise usage and increases the life of the device itself.
Lathania

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

If the device doesn't have a password, then yes.

It's also likely that you are able to view content faster, and this is why your limit is being used up (ie: your just using more then you thought). I've seen it happen personally in that regard.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Additionally, ensure you are turning your 'pocket wifi' device off when not in use. This helps minimise usage and increases the life of the device itself.
Lathania

and while you are at it, I also find the Testra 4G wifi pocket "dongle" lovely when using but I have to recharge it every time I go to use it again, because, I think I am not successfully turning it off.There is no information in the PDF of instructions. Can anyone advise?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi,

To turn off the device you should just require to hold down the power button for a few seconds to power it off.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more