Highlighted
rickeyh
Level 2: Rookie

7.2 USB Mobile Card (ZTE MF636) on 2nd computer

Answered

Howdy, I've just resurrected an old laptop running Windows XP Pro. Wanting to use the USB Mobile Card. The laptop detects it OK but tells me it is not registered. I go through the process and it tells me it is already registered for another device and asks if I want to de-activate and re-activate it .

What do I need to do to use it on the laptop - can't see why to needs to be registered on each computer.

Thanks

Rickey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rickeyh
Accepted Solution

Re: 7.2 USB Mobile Card (ZTE MF636) on 2nd computer

Found the problem.  Holding down 'Shift+CTRL' click on 'Options' and then 'Diagnosis'. There is a checkbox 'Signup has been completed for this device'. Even though it had been checked when on the PC, it was not checked on the laptop. Checked it and all goo.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
rickeyh
Accepted Solution

Re: 7.2 USB Mobile Card (ZTE MF636) on 2nd computer

Found the problem.  Holding down 'Shift+CTRL' click on 'Options' and then 'Diagnosis'. There is a checkbox 'Signup has been completed for this device'. Even though it had been checked when on the PC, it was not checked on the laptop. Checked it and all goo.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now