CrowdSupport®
Stravis
Level 1: Cadet

Abilitty to open ports on Netcomm 3G/4G Non-Embedded Gateway with 320U 4G Modem

I have a customer wishing to open ports on their non-embedded 3G/4G Gateway, we have a 4G USB modem plugged in the side. 

The customer wants to open ports on the router - but because it is set to auto when the 4G modem is in there, we cannot do it. 

We have tried another Netcomm ADSL/3G Gateway - but same results. 

I am hoping someone knows how to do this on the Telstra Issued Netcomm Non-Embedded Gateway, or can recommend a device that can do so? 

Any help will be greatly aprpeciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Abilitty to open ports on Netcomm 3G/4G Non-Embedded Gateway with 320U 4G Modem

Hey Stravis,

What are you trying to there (by that I mean what do you need to open the ports for)?

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Stravis

Re: Abilitty to open ports on Netcomm 3G/4G Non-Embedded Gateway with 320U 4G Modem

THanks for your response - the customer wants remote desktop access, but says they dont need a static IP. 

They said they want it for RDP4338

I am just the messenger...trying to do what they have requested. 

Is the reason you ask because it is a strange request for a mobile broadband modem? 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hmmm that is well outside my field of expertise, they may be best off talking to Telstra Platinum about that:

http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum/

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Stravis

Hi thanks but it's a business tmb service so not part of platinum service

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit