CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
DeanC
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Activating a new account

Answered

Well finally moved from VodaFAIL . Went into a Telstra store yesterday and bought a Mobile Broadband dongle. The girl took all my details ...address drivers license etc and said she would have it all done for me later yesterday. Well here it is today and im still being asked to activate the account giving the same details I gave the girl yesterday.

How long does it take for the shops details to get through or do I still need to activate the modem myself ??  Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeanC
Accepted Solution

Re: Activating a new account

Solved. Went into the store and the modem worked fine on there machine. He knew straight away what the problem was ...there is a check box that says something like - this modem is registered' and it was not checked. Got home ticked the box and hey presto it worked. Thanks to all who offered help.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

If you purchased a pre paid device and the store has yet to activate it then you could ring pre paid customer service on 1258887 or alternatively you can activate your service through the Telstra webisite.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
DeanC

Cheers. I tried to activate it but got the message ... This number cannot be activated online...  Guess I will just give it a bit longer to see if the thing activates itself. I hope this slowness to do something is not a sign of things to come ...its one of the reasons im leaving VodaFAIL! 

Tyrone
Level 9: Captain

Hi Dean,

Sorry to hear of the problems your having , just sent you a PM so we can follow up on this for you.Smiley Happy

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!
DeanC

Details sent thanks Tyrone. Said may take 48 hours for a reply ...I hope not. I want this working. I bought straight from a telstra shop yesterday ...it should not take this long to activate it.

DeanC

24 hours and I still cant use the bloody thing ... I was told about Telstras slow service but thought ...cant be as bad as vodafones ...looks like I might be wrong.  I bought from a store (60km round trip) so I didnt need to muck around with ringing help lines or putting my details over the interent ...looks like another 60km round trip to town to get up the twits in your shop.

Off to great start !!!! 

Level 21: Augmented

prepaid or postpaid?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
DeanC

Prepaid . Had an email saying its showing as active to telstra but its still showing as ' Not activated' here and wont let me activate it online. Guess I will take it back to the shop and get a refund and suffer with vodafone - at least there stuff worked out of the box. I wont ring 'technical help' because im to bloody angry at the moment and why the hell should I have too !

nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hopefully they have not activated the sim card of the device as a voice service,  That could be the reason that it is not working if Telstra says its active on their end. 

Also it might either be a faulty sim card or when they have activated the service they could have put in the wrong sim card serial number on their end.

Maybe check with prepaid customer service and see what the sim card number they have activated on their end is and compare it with what you have on your device. 

Just ring them up and give them the mobile number that you would have gotten with the device and say that it is for a mobile broadband service and request them to check that if it is active,  That it is activated on a mobile broadband plan and also to check the sim serial number.  ( The sim serial will be on the simcard in your device)

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
DeanC

Hey nelly82 ...I tried the sim in my mobile phone and got net access no worries so Im thinking dodgy modem. Im taking it back to the shop tomorrow and they can sort it out .

DeanC
Accepted Solution

Solved. Went into the store and the modem worked fine on there machine. He knew straight away what the problem was ...there is a check box that says something like - this modem is registered' and it was not checked. Got home ticked the box and hey presto it worked. Thanks to all who offered help.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now