CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Battery for Telstra WiFi 4GX Advanced 111 modem

Hello

Has anyone successfully purchased a genuine Netgear  spare ./ replacement battery for  a Netgear manufactured  "Telstra WiFi 4GX Advanced 111 wireless modem"    ??

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/10/telstra-wi-fi-4g-advanced-iii-australian-review/

This is seemingly an impossible task.

The specs are that it is a 2930 mAh  battery, but the only batteries quoted are 2000 mAh  and they are not from  a recognised sales channel.

Asking a Telstra store is pointless.  I have tried 3.

Ringing Telstra I was told they don't sell batteries.

Ringing Netgear is   xxxxxxxxxxx

Can anyone help please.

Kind regards

PP

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Battery for Telstra WiFi 4GX Advanced 111 modem

Good evening Professor, could you please have a look on the battery itself and inform us of the actual model number of the original battery please.

eg: W-5, W-7 5200077  etc.

Jeff

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Good evening Jeff,

Thank you for helping ,,,,,,,

I don't have it, as I am still at my old "chambers"   but will have access to it tomorrow afternoon, when I go to my new place.

I do appreciate your response,  and if you can refer back to this later tomorrow, I will post everything written on it.

The man at Netgear in some remote country....was less than helpful,  thought it was a W-3  but that is only a 2000mAh battery, and he told me to buy one from Amazon believe it or not..........but the link I provided mentions 2930 and another article "just under 3000 mAh.

Telstra said they don't sell batteries.   End of story.  Tried 3 stores and call centre.  Very disappointing.

Once again, I do appreciate you answering this, and once I see it tomorrow, I will provide the information.

Thanks again

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.

TRhankyou for that.

Unfortunately you like many others have found that battery's and the like can't be found at your local Telstra store and yes Netgear offer zilch.

Have look at the following link, I have personally dealt with the company and have recommended then to others of CS and never had any problems. The products they offer have a good reputation and I think this will be the unit to suit you: http://antennashop.com.au/shop/netgear/telstra-wifi-4g-advance-iii-netgear-810s/w-5-w-7-standard-bat...

battery.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Friday 7PM

Jeff,  the Telstra  dealer  (20 years as a Telstra dealer and very competent),   has told me that the battery is unavailable ....certainly from Netgear.

I have just removed the battery, and the details are  that it is

W-7,  

3.8V,    11.1Wh,  

P/N 5200087

He tells me he has had customers with failed batteries, and there is absolutely nothing he can do.

Thanks

That may well be so, and I have no doubt about it, however if you take a look at the pic in my last post, and the details, this is the alternative, to ensure that the device would still be serviceable. It clearly states for the Telstra Advanced 111.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I'll show my friend who is  a major enterprise dealer, and encourage him to give them a try before I have a problem, as mine is 1 day old.

The voltage and Wh together with capacity are slightly lower.

I have no doubt that the retailer is reliable but the battery specs are slightly different.

Jeff, my friend just rang me and told me if I use the supplied  cradle with antennas, USB ports etc he provided, I can remove the battery and operate like a conventional AC powered modem, which I am presently doing, so I have just resolved my battery problem, because I don't need !

Again thanks for your ideas.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now