CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Parash
Level 8: Inspector

BigPond Ultimate USB

Answered

Can anyone advise if the BigPond Ultimate USB device will work satisfactorily with a Dlink DIR-655? The Dlink has the ability to accept a 3G device.

What I am interested in is, has anyone had experience with this combination? The reason is that I am not able to get Cable and only ADSL1 with the speed being average 1.5Mbps, on a good day.

Another question, if I find the device not able to work satisfactorily, can I take it back for a refund?

-- Parash
Opinions expressed are mine alone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Parash
Accepted Solution

Re: BigPond Ultimate USB

I have received a reply from Dlink:-

"DIR-655 doesn’t support Sierra 312U.

It only supports our 3G adapter like DWM-156.

Refer:- http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=DWM-156

Technical Support Team

D-Link Australia & New Zealand"

I think I can mark this as solved.

-- Parash

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Parash wrote:

Can anyone advise if the BigPond Ultimate USB device will work satisfactorily with a Dlink DIR-655? The Dlink has the ability to accept a 3G device.

What I am interested in is, has anyone had experience with this combination? The reason is that I am not able to get Cable and only ADSL1 with the speed being average 1.5Mbps, on a good day.

Another question, if I find the device not able to work satisfactorily, can I take it back for a refund?

Hi Parash,

I don't believe the device is designed to work with 3G modems, in the sense its not supported (if it works, great, but I don't think we can guaruntee it).

An option available for you may be the Ultimate WiFi Modem. Considering you get the $110 Welcome Credit (Limited Time Only) when you connect, you are effectivley getting the $49 upfront cost for the modem waived.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Parash

@bennyf11 wrote:

@Parash wrote:

Hi Parash,

I don't believe the device is designed to work with 3G modems, in the sense its not supported (if it works, great, but I don't think we can guaruntee it).

An option available for you may be the Ultimate WiFi Modem. Considering you get the $110 Welcome Credit (Limited Time Only) when you connect, you are effectivley getting the $49 upfront cost for the modem waived.

Hi Bennyf11,

I would prefer to use my existing wireless router if at all possible considering the financial and time investment I have put in. But the deal you mentioned does look attractive.

Quote from the manual:-

"3G USB AdapterSelect 3G USB Adapter to use a 3G adapter to provide access to the Internet using an EV-DO or WCDMA cellular signal. Simply connect a 3G or 3.5G USB adapter to access the Internet (third party EV-DO or WCDMA subscription and available signal required).

Support If you have trouble accessing the Internet through the router. Double check the settings you entered on this page and verify with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if needed."

Does the Telstra signal work with the criteria above?

Thanks

Parash

-- Parash
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Hi Parash,

I believe that NextG is a WCMDA network, but I can't confirm if it will work, or if you will get the speeds that the ultimate provides, as the ultimate device uses HSPA+.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

tech2011
Level 3: Gumshoe

hi Parash

you will be able to use the bigpond Ultimate USB with the Dlink DIR655.

Parash

@tech2011 wrote:

hi Parash

you will be able to use the bigpond Ultimate USB with the Dlink DIR-655.

Hi Tech2011,

You sound very confident.....can you elaborate on this?

Thanks

-- Parash
Parash
Accepted Solution

I have received a reply from Dlink:-

"DIR-655 doesn’t support Sierra 312U.

It only supports our 3G adapter like DWM-156.

Refer:- http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=DWM-156

Technical Support Team

D-Link Australia & New Zealand"

I think I can mark this as solved.

-- Parash

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now