CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Account (ADSL + Mobile Broadband Postpaid) Data sharing

Hi There,

Prelude: We have a 500gb Home bundle, we recontracted last month and also got a 4G advanced modem on postpaid with 4GB per month, bill period reset after the change, thus that bill reflected that.

I rang Bigpond Tech Support today because my 4G Advanced Modem was not showing my data usage on the touch screen, neither did it display a mobile number in the m.home.

I was told after many holds and "I'll ask my manager" a few times, I was told that because my 4G Advanced modem was working of my bigpond email/username that there was no mobile number for it. That was okay, then it got better.

When I pressed on about data usage, I was told that the postpaid 4G 4GB plan was SHARING data with our home internet.

If I used over my 4GB they would deduct the oversight from our home bundle allowance.

I asked him, If I used 6GB with a the limit of 4GB what would happen?

He said we would be charged for the 4GB as normal and the extra 2GB would be charged on the home bundle, and as long as we had allowance left it would respresent no charge or change, even better he said, if we went over on both, it would just slow for both.

Now this sounds too good to be true, If i used over my 4GB on the 4G I assumed I would be trottled straight away, so Telstra can keep earning $$$$, but this guy is telling me that I have a combined data limit of 504GB that can be used over the home ADSL service and the 4G Modem, it could be 40/60 or 10/100 and it wouldn't change he said.

Anybody else got this before?

Anybody from Telstra want to confirm this for me.

I have an interaction number if needed.

Thanks 

Troy Stanway

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Account (ADSL + Mobile Broadband Postpaid) Data sharing

Hi Trotstanway. 

We don't offer the ability to share data between a Home Broadband device and a Mobile Broadband device. 

However, we do allow them to share a username and password, however this doesn't mean that they are sharing usage. 

No BigPond Mobile Broadband service has a Mobile Phone Number, as only Telstra Mobile Broadband services use these, so it is expected that you wouldn't have a Mobile Phone number for your device. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Bigpond Account Mobile Broadband Postpaid) Data sharing

Can I share the data plan between two mobiles which are on the same bill. I am using up to 3gb ($30) and my wife mobile only about 3mb Have I got any joy. I notice other providers (vodaphone) are advertising this service.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bigpond Account Mobile Broadband Postpaid) Data sharing

Hi Neville1,

We have data sharing options for most of our Mobile plans.  To find out if it is possible, and to get it activated, it is best to speak to our team at Live Chat here and they will be able to see the specifics of your account and provide full details. You can contact them here: 

http://tel.st/hsc3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit