CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
LouBee1
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond USB 4G - two issues: 1. service drops out and 2. authentication error - unable to connect

Answered

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any possible solutions to my issue - my Bigpond USB 4G device has stopped working. 

Firstly, I have been using it without too much hassle - with the exception of if I purchase a movie or music that need to be downloaded or I watch a clip on youtube, the internet completely drops out and I have to disconnect, close the broadband manager down, remove the USB, and then start all over again.  This makes things very time consuming and annoying given how much the internet bill is.  Smiley Frustrated

Secondly, up until two nights ago I was able to connect to the internet.  However, I was all of a sudden disconnected and I am now getting an "authentication error" in Bigpond Manager - no service and unable to connect.  I restarted my laptop - no change.   I have uninstalled Bigpond Manager - no change.  I have tried Sierra AirCard Watcher - no change and I am getting the message "unsubscribed service".  Is there an updated version of the Bigpond Manager that I might be able to download - Post pay, not prepaid (cheers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like my internet back Smiley Very Happy

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LouBee1
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond USB 4G - two issues: 1. service drops out and 2. authentication error - unable to connec

Hi Professor,

Thank you for responding.

I went into a Telstra shop and spoke on the phone with Tech Support without much luck.  I continued to poke and prod around as I am hankering to get my connection back without relying on my hotspot as I need reliable internet for work.

So, after some investigating I came across a solution for the inability to connect relating to authentication error:

Anyone who has had similar issues and has not been able to resolve - check the APN in the broadband manager settings under the Account tab.  I noticed that my APN was telstra.internet and obviously this wasn't working.  I changed it to telstra.bigpond and Bob became my uncle Robot LOL

I haven't checked the service drop out issue with downloading music or movies yet, but I am going to say that my issue has been solved (at this time).  I hope this helps someone else out there.

Thank you again Professor Phone for responding.

Lou

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Bigpond USB 4G - two issues: 1. service drops out and 2. authentication error - unable to connec

Hello Lou

As your message has had many views, but no responses,  it might be an idea to contact Telstra technical support on 132200

Regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
LouBee1
Accepted Solution

Hi Professor,

Thank you for responding.

I went into a Telstra shop and spoke on the phone with Tech Support without much luck.  I continued to poke and prod around as I am hankering to get my connection back without relying on my hotspot as I need reliable internet for work.

So, after some investigating I came across a solution for the inability to connect relating to authentication error:

Anyone who has had similar issues and has not been able to resolve - check the APN in the broadband manager settings under the Account tab.  I noticed that my APN was telstra.internet and obviously this wasn't working.  I changed it to telstra.bigpond and Bob became my uncle Robot LOL

I haven't checked the service drop out issue with downloading music or movies yet, but I am going to say that my issue has been solved (at this time).  I hope this helps someone else out there.

Thank you again Professor Phone for responding.

Lou

Level 22: Superhuman

A pleasure !!

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Rhonymay
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Lou, I was having the same trouble I'll give this a go.  Thanks Rhnda

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now