CrowdSupport®
M2017
Level 1: Cadet

Can Nighthawk usage alerts be sent to another address? Can you opt out of the automatic 1Gig

I logged into my router recently (to perform some other task) and found not only was I over plan but I had been through three 1Gig top-ups.

I dont dispute that I was over my limit, but I am hoping there is a more effective way to notify users than sending messages to a device that is unattended by design (it is a home router, after all). Forwarding to another recipient (eg email) might be a good alternative.

It also seems counterproductive to have the account automatically top up. Is there any way to turn this off? Ironically while in a topped-up state I cant easily make plan changes (telstras site says the account is "suspended") so the only thing that happens when you are over plan is telstra's automatic milking machine, taking $10 at a time.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Can Nighthawk usage alerts be sent to another address? Can you opt out of the automatic 1Gig

@M2017

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Usage Notifications can be emailed to you. Give the team a call on 125111 to arrange that.

Extra data is automatically applied to your service if you exceed data per the Critical Information Summaries of the plan.

It's a much better option than the previous charging method at up to $3 per MB (depending on the plan)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now