CrowdSupport®
M2017
Level 1: Cadet

Can Nighthawk usage alerts be sent to another address? Can you opt out of the automatic 1Gig

I logged into my router recently (to perform some other task) and found not only was I over plan but I had been through three 1Gig top-ups.

I dont dispute that I was over my limit, but I am hoping there is a more effective way to notify users than sending messages to a device that is unattended by design (it is a home router, after all). Forwarding to another recipient (eg email) might be a good alternative.

It also seems counterproductive to have the account automatically top up. Is there any way to turn this off? Ironically while in a topped-up state I cant easily make plan changes (telstras site says the account is "suspended") so the only thing that happens when you are over plan is telstra's automatic milking machine, taking $10 at a time.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Can Nighthawk usage alerts be sent to another address? Can you opt out of the automatic 1Gig

@M2017

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Usage Notifications can be emailed to you. Give the team a call on 125111 to arrange that.

Extra data is automatically applied to your service if you exceed data per the Critical Information Summaries of the plan.

It's a much better option than the previous charging method at up to $3 per MB (depending on the plan)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit