Highlighted
deskbound2
Level 2: Rookie

Cannot connect to 192.168.0.01

Answered

I have an unlocked Telstra Elite pocket WiFi device but I am unable to connect to the interface page on 192.168.0.1.  I changed the APN setting whilst in NZ with no problems and used the device extensively, however, since returning to Oz I cannot connect to the Internet nor access the interface to check/change settings.  Please note that I have tried resetting the modem numerous times, talked for over 30 miss to techsupport to no avail.  Very,very frustrating.  If anyone can give me some new ideas on how to fix this I'd be overjoyed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deskbound2
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to 192.168.0.01

Hey thanks for the offer of help but I have just sorted everything out.  Changed the pocket wifi wpa-psk back to the one I used prior to doing the factory reset now all is good - at last.

Thanks once again

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Nakkas

I just got one of these the other day and used it once. I thought you type in something like http://mhome   Something like that. I don't have it ATM. Hope this helps

deskbound2

No joy I,m afraid. Thank you for the suggestion
Nakkas

Try a DOT between the m and home. It won't let me post the address

deskbound2

Still no luck . . . .
Level 23: Superhero

Drop the .01 to just .1 meaning http://192.168.0.1

If that's not it you could find the actual IP addy via the PC network network info. Just need what type of puter you're using to help further Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

deskbound2

Thanks Dave. . The .01 was a typo. I have a Billion BiPac 7800 NL router.

Just found the addy of 192.168.1.254 stab in the dark.

Sorry my brain is cooked with Vic weather.. Type of computer or any other device connected I.e apple iphone or similar?

Cheers,
Dave

deskbound2

192.168.1.254 gives me access to my router. 1 x HP pavilion desktop, 1 asus laptop, 1 asus notebook , a Gigaset 470IP VoIP phone and an IPOD are connected.

Just about to turn in for the night - early start tomorrow - so I will follow up on any suggestions you may have for me tomorrow. Hope you get some respite from the heat overnight.

Cheers

Ok brain still over heated (quick visit to the beach to watch lightning) you want to access the pocket wifi. That much I got, then somewhere in the soup a belkin popped up.. Confusion. If you turned off or disconnected your wifi link to the belkin and then only connect to the pocket wifi, (as you already know) http://192.168.0.1 should give you access.

Cheers,
Dave

deskbound2

Still couldn't connect until I worked out how to change the password for the pocket wifi via properties on my laptop.  Success! However now having problems connecting my IPAD  and IPOD touch so more playing around to do.

Thanks for your help

By the sounds of it you're almost there.. Are you happy to work it out your self??

Cheers,
Dave

deskbound2
Accepted Solution

Hey thanks for the offer of help but I have just sorted everything out.  Changed the pocket wifi wpa-psk back to the one I used prior to doing the factory reset now all is good - at last.

Thanks once again

Well done! Kudos comings our way! Don't forget to mark solved and please give kudos to all the helpers Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now