CrowdSupport®
pickled_pork
Level 2: Rookie

CelFi Pro inconsistent signal strength and download speeds

Hi,
Having installed a Telstra Cel Fi Pro at my shop am finding the signal varies widely - from -130dB to -90dB or 1 signal bar to 3 within seconds, sadly the normal is 1 bar. I suspect somebody nearby has an unregistered mobile signal booster interfering with the network. Please help. The CelFi Pro is registered at the address.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 21: Augmented

Re: CelFi Pro inconsistent signal strength and download speeds

@pickled_pork wrote:

Hi,
Having installed a Telstra Cel Fi Pro at my shop am finding the signal varies widely - from -130dB to -90dB or 1 signal bar to 3 within seconds, sadly the normal is 1 bar. I suspect somebody nearby has an unregistered mobile signal booster interfering with the network. Please help. The CelFi Pro is registered at the address.

@pickled_pork Are you using it with or without an aerial?

And was it professionally installed?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
pickled_pork

No. 

pickled_pork

Yes using an aerial

pickled_pork

Not professionally installed. The devices are promoted as being plug and play with simple setup.

i did follow setup instructions, and the device was working well enough. Recently though the network conditions have changed.

@pickled_pork wrote:

Not professionally installed. The devices are promoted as being plug and play with simple setup.

i did follow setup instructions, and the device was working well enough. Recently though the network conditions have changed.

@pickled_pork No worries, just thought I would pre-empt possible questions :-)

Will leave this one up to those that know more about these units than me :-) 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
pickled_pork

Spoke to business tech support. Apparently the local tower is undergoing upgrade work until the 19th. Sadly I cannot process EFT or HICAPS transactions, or make phone calls of acceptable quality. 

pickled_pork

Hmm, tower work appears to be a downgrade for us. The signal strength and download speeds have deteriorated a heap. I wonder if the Cel-Fi Pro may have been deregistered with the tower in the process? Seems to have a better signal than before, but the Cel-Fi Pro performance for calls and internet is as though we didn't have the Cel-Fi Pro at all

pickled_pork

Thanks Ozmoz

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit