Highlighted
tableland1103
Level 1: Cadet

Change 3G modem to 4G

Answered

I have a ongoing Mobile Super G Liberty xxGb plan with telstra. Currently i am using an nextg ultimate modem which is 3g. The local tower has been upgraded to 4g and i wish to upgrade my modem to connect with 4g. I do NOT want to change my plan as i live in a rural area and it is the best plan i can get for the price. Can i simply upgrade my modem to an advanced II modem and use my existing sim in it to connect to bigpond and have my wifi devices connect as i do now?. My wifi network consists of two samsung tablets, a laptop and a desktop which all connect to the existing modem. If this is possible where can i purchase an advanced II modem, and does it / should it have to be from telstra/bigpond?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Change 3G modem to 4G

Recon you're on the money.. Buy your device stick in the SIM, set it up with the appropriate APN (telstra.wap) and off you go on the 4G network.

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Change 3G modem to 4G

Recon you're on the money.. Buy your device stick in the SIM, set it up with the appropriate APN (telstra.wap) and off you go on the 4G network.

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now