Highlighted
scottmac99
Level 2: Rookie

Changing plan

Well I tried, I really really tried. Two lengthy 24/7 chats plus one store visit. I'm midway through a $149 (discounted to $129) 60Gb (50 + bonus 10) plan, and wanted to change to one of the current plans with more Gb to use for broadband access at the holiday house. But the only way was either to cancel my current plan at a cost of $1350+, or else switch to a plan that was availble at the time I signed up for my original plan (with measly Gb) . So I gave up and switched to an Optus SIM, 200Gb per month for $80. And that hangs in the window in an Optus wingle. Brilliant. When my Telstra phone contract is up I'll be switching that to Optus as well. That makes a net loss of $2,500 p.a. for Telstra. It may not mean much to them, but it means a lot to me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changing plan

Thanks for sharing @scottmac99, I do apologise for any past inconveniences you've experienced with us when ordering.

We wish you the best with your current provider & hope one of our future offers entices you to return.

If you ever need a hand with Telstra services or have any questions for us in future, we'd love to assist where possible & are available here 24x7.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now