CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Connect 6 desktop computers to mobile broadband

Answered

Hi

I am assisting a volunteer organisation with some IT advice.

At the busiest of times they may have six terminals active all of which are only sending emails or standard text docs.  There are no videos or large images for example.  Bandwidth usage is low.

They currently receive landline ADSL from Telstra but the service is extremely slow especially upload which is 0.3 MBPS.  Download is 5 MBPS.

We can access mobile broadband on the 4g network and this delivers 12 MBPS download and 11 MBPS upload.

Does it make sense to operate the six desktop computers via mobile broadband on the 4G network.  If all six terminals are accessing the internet at the same time what sort of impact will that have on bandwidth availability?

Your thoughts please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Connect 6 desktop computers to mobile broadband

Hi,

I have a small business that uses just 4g for ten computers without any problem.

Just make sure you have a suitable data plan in place, or your going to get slugged with excess data charges!

cheers

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Connect 6 desktop computers to mobile broadband

Hi,

I have a small business that uses just 4g for ten computers without any problem.

Just make sure you have a suitable data plan in place, or your going to get slugged with excess data charges!

cheers

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit