CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Haydn111
Level 1: Cadet

Connecting a Synology DS213J NAS to Prepaid Mobile Broadband

Answered

I've just moved home and I'm looking at getting the Prepaid Mobile Broadband - $180 for 12GB (365 day expiry) as I'm a fairly light internet user and move around a bit. 

Two Questions:

1. What Hardware will I need to connect my Synology Diskstataion DS213J to the modem (the unit connects via an ethernet cable)

2. As I transfer data to and from the diskstation over the wifi network, will this use up the data allowance?

Cheers,

Haydn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Connecting a Synology DS213J NAS to Prepaid Mobile Broadband

To my understanding the NAS connects to the the network gets assigned an ip and you run from there. The router it's self doesn't need to be anything special (just have access to a Ethernet port) and as for using up your data allowance, it won't as all the data is in house. Transfers wouldn't be to exciting over wifi, I would imagine.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

To my understanding the NAS connects to the the network gets assigned an ip and you run from there. The router it's self doesn't need to be anything special (just have access to a Ethernet port) and as for using up your data allowance, it won't as all the data is in house. Transfers wouldn't be to exciting over wifi, I would imagine.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Haydn111
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks! That's helpful

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now