CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ifunk
Level 1: Cadet

Connectivity problems with Prepaid Turbo

Answered

At the beginning of last year I bought a Telstra Turbo Prepaid modem. All worked well while I was travelling last year. I'm now trying to use it in a metro area (Clayfield, Brisbane) and it's not working. I've not used it in about a year, and I know my credit has expired but it won't let me see my account to add more credit.

When I insert the modem I see 4 or 5 red bars of connectivity - and the message says "Searching.... Telstra".

Occasionally, I see the message "SIM Network Reject" error however this doesn't happen all the time.

Is there something wrong with my modem, or does the SIM expire after a certain amount of inactivity?

Is there someone I can ring to verify? Or should I just go into a Telstra shop?

Thanks,
Adam 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Connectivity problems with Prepaid Turbo

SIM cards do expire after a certain period of no credit/inactivity, sounds like what you have, you can pick up a new starter SIM and register again using your existing modem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

SIM cards do expire after a certain period of no credit/inactivity, sounds like what you have, you can pick up a new starter SIM and register again using your existing modem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
nelly82
Level 16: Secret Agent

Prepaid sim cards get disconnected from the network after about 6 months of inactivity,  So if you want to keep using the same device you can just buy a new pre paid starter kit and insert the new sim into your device.

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
ifunk
Level 1: Cadet

Yep, thanks guys, that was the problem. The guy in the Telstra Shop was helpful and got me sorted. Thanks!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now