Highlighted
RemoteOffroad
Level 2: Rookie

Data Usage Not Displayed Netgear Nighthawk M1

Since updating firmware on Netgear Nighthawk M1 it is not displaying the data usage information and the main screen just displays a message “Detecting Service” also when logging into the Netgear App or on the router home screen the same information is displayed “detecting Service” this is very frustrating and not good enough for a high end Telstra premium device! The router works ok but seems slower than normal..

Any ideas? Telstra don’t have a clue what’s going on after calling many different departments and being given the usual run around!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Data Usage Not Displayed Netgear Nighthawk M1

This seems to be a common problem with the Netgear Nighthawk M1.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-M1-Says-data-usage-unavaila...

Have you lodged a complaint by either ring 132200 and saying complaint as reason for call or using online form. https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

hyppolyte
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hello @RemoteOffroad  

You may be interested in this info from the netgear forum. It looks like the problem has been identified and a fix is on the way "before the end of April"

Solved: Re Nighthawk M1 Data Usage  

I hope this helps

RemoteOffroad

Updated to latest Firmware this mornings and the issue has been resolved. Data usage is now displayed on the device as Normal. Thanks to hyppolyte for the heads up..
RemoteOffroad

Updated Firmware today and issue resolved thanks for the heads up..
hyppolyte
Level 6: Bloodhound

Glad to hear all is good @RemoteOffroad.

Just in case you missed it there is an actual file download available here:

Why-can-t-I-see-data-usage-on-my-Telstra-Nighthawk-M1.

You might like to get a copy for safe-keeping. Don't know how long it will be there.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more