tomj
Level 1: Cadet

Diverting messages from Telstra Pre-Paid 4G Connection Manager to a mobile number

Hi,

To find out how much credit i have left, I need to view the SMS alerts via my Telstra Pre-Paid 4G USB + WI-FIt Connection Manager, which is a pain.

Does anyone know how (or think of a way) to divert messages sent to my prepaid broadband number to my mobile number (or even an email address)? I'm hoping to download a simple ** laptop-based ** program where I enter the number texts are sent to & then the number they are to be forwarded to.

Many thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Diverting messages from Telstra Pre-Paid 4G Connection Manager to a mobile number

Hello Tom,

If I understand you correctly, you want to divert sms messages  from one device to another device

I'm 99.9% sure that you can't, unless Connection Manager has some proprietary softwarethat  I am unaware of.

You can divert voice, or forward emails, but not sms messages.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Diverting messages from Telstra Pre-Paid 4G Connection Manager to a mobile number

Hi,

The easiest way is to login to MyAccount

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount

It will show you how much credit is remaining
Level 23: Superhero

OK Tom, we may have a work around for you.

Do you have an Android device, mobile phone or tablet accessable. If so there's a nifty little app available on the google Play Store called "SMS Call Forward / Divert" that you could download onto that other android device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartapps.SMSCallDivert&hl=en

Then take the sim from the USB stick, pop it into the phone/Tablet and you can arrange to have any SMS messages that are sent to the number attached to the USB sim to another number. eg your mobile phone. (Then of course put everything back together in the normal way and any SMS that are sent to your USB number go to wherever you've directed them.

I know others who in fact have done the same, and it works well.

SMS.png

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
tomj

Many thanks Jeff!
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Tomj

Thanks for the kudo !!      Pleasure I could help

Kind regards

Professor Phone

I'm not a Telstra employee.  I have been a mobile subscriber since 1963.

If my advice has been helpful, a Kudo  "tick"    would be most appreciated.

If my advice has solved your problem, please also mark it as a Solution

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
tomj

Hi again Jeff,

i might have jumped the gun with the "Solved" status!

I successfully downloaded the app and followed your instructions re SIM swapping in/out etc, but haven’t been successful at diverting SMS’s?

I’ve added the Telstar prefix for call forwarding as *21 and the suffix as # (correct)?

I’m wondering if this app needs info such as international dialing code (0011) and country code (61)? i.e. does it default to the USA, or is it entirely region-independent?

I’m not sure what do next, as all the details I’ve supplied look correct?

Mant thanks again,

Tom

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now