hyndsite
Level 1: Cadet

Express card sim

Answered

Hi all, I have a telstra bigpond post paid express card in my old computer I have a new computer but no express card slot could I purchase a Telstra Elite Mobile Wi-Fi modem ZTE MF60 and use my sim card in it? I am not interested in 4G as we are never near major town to get the faster speeds. I don't know if you can help I sent this question to Telstra 5 days ago but no answer. appreciate any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Express card sim

Hey Hyndsite,

I'm sorry for the confusion that Joseph has caused as I don't think he saw that you have mentioned this is a post paid device at all. As it is a post paid service then the SIM will not be able to be used in a new device. You will have a username and password for the connection in a post paid device so we would have to transfer this over to the next device that you are looking to use for this connection. You will have to upgrade the device via the account to continue using the same details.

My colleagues in the Live Chat team can assist with locating the right device for the upgrade and can be reached 24/7 via:

http://goo.gl/11oUE

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello hyndsite,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

You can certainly put your SIM in another Telstra Elite Mobile Wi-Fi modem but not on a BigPond branded Wi-Fi modems.

Let us know if you have any other problems or contact our Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Team on 13 22 00 and say 'pre-paid when prompted by the IVR.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

hyndsite
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Thanks for your assistance it is good to know that I can use aTelstra Elite Mobile Wi-Fi modem but  I am confused My express card is through bigpond and I have a monthly account, Why can't I us a bigpond branded wi fi modem?. Also if I ring telstra  why ask for pre paid? as I want to stay with the account I have. Do I have to notify Telstra of my change of modem? Thanks again 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Hyndsite,

I'm sorry for the confusion that Joseph has caused as I don't think he saw that you have mentioned this is a post paid device at all. As it is a post paid service then the SIM will not be able to be used in a new device. You will have a username and password for the connection in a post paid device so we would have to transfer this over to the next device that you are looking to use for this connection. You will have to upgrade the device via the account to continue using the same details.

My colleagues in the Live Chat team can assist with locating the right device for the upgrade and can be reached 24/7 via:

http://goo.gl/11oUE

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now