CrowdSupport®
cdwae
Level 1: Cadet

Getting PUK code while being outside Australia

Hi there.

Currently I am in the Europe and need to unlock my phone.

I bought prepaid sim and my written PUK code is on the starter in the Australia

I tried to:
* use livechat, but its not working. (after clicking, pop-up window is showing and asking to wait, and there is no change after 10 minutes)
* call landline (+61 125 111, +61 439 125 11, +61 13 22 00, +61 101 258 887), but none of these number provided by Telstra are working. To be exact: a few numbers are cancelling conversation after few beeps and rest of the numbers are not valid

* use webservice (https://service.telstra.com.au/general/pinpuk/pukCodeRetrieval.html). I am receiving

The following requires your attention before proceeding

We cannot identify the MOBILE NUMBER you have entered. If your account number is 13 digits, please check the mobile number entered and try again. If your account number is less than 13 digits, we will not be able to retrieve your PUK code via this service. Please call 125111 (postpaid mobile) or 1258887 (Pre-Paid mobile) or visit your Telstra Shop for assistance.

My telephone number I provided have 10 (ten) digits, and its starting with zero. (0 410 ** ** **)

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Getting PUK code while being outside Australia

The only other way I can think of is if you are registered for Telstra MyAccount it should also be listed under the service ID in there as well.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now