CrowdSupport®
Dalemc
Level 1: Cadet

Hotspotting to a ps4/nat types

Am trying to run my ps4 off of my mobile hotspot but when I do that I get a strict nat type (type 3) unfortunately. This stops me from joining lobbies with my friends so I need to get an open nat type (type 2). Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows of a way to fix it! Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Hotspotting to a ps4/nat types

I think it doesn't work all that good on the 4G advanced, but the advanced 2 and advanced 3 should be capable of DMZ and port forwarding.

Results may vary though as i think that if the Hotspot changes cell towers it can muck about with any port forwarding rules

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
SkyLarkJC

I have the same issue beeing researching sooooo many pages, only qay I can see that would work is to root the phone, but I dont want ro do that -.-
Tukaitaua

The only way around this that I have found is to tether your hotspot to a laptop / pc then run a ethernet cable from your laptop to your console.

While this might not work for anyone without a laptop and cable ( obviously ) it is that only thing I have managed to find that actually allows you to run an open nat type on a console using a wifi hotspot.

arx7

Don't think that's going to work, as they are giving us non public IP address. 

Even if we're connecting via a laptop, it's still non public IP, correct me if I'm wrong though

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit