Highlighted
SergeB
Level 3: Gumshoe

How can I change the APN on Nighthawk M1

Answered

I am going overseas on a holiday and want to take this device with me and use a local SIM. I have done this in the past with previous Telstra products. In this case the Nighthawk, which is a Netgear MR1100 will allow me to create a new APN, but won't let me deselect the Telstra one. As I am on a contract, I gather the device is already unlocked.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SergeB
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I change the APN on Nighthawk M1

I tried all the documented ways and didn't get anywhere. Apparently I am not alone.

Finally created an APN with a new name, but Telstra APN details, rebooted, made default. All ok. Then edited the new APN put in other carrier's APN, reboot, all good. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

there should be a + symbol on the APN screen which will allow you to add another one

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
SergeB
Accepted Solution

I tried all the documented ways and didn't get anywhere. Apparently I am not alone.

Finally created an APN with a new name, but Telstra APN details, rebooted, made default. All ok. Then edited the new APN put in other carrier's APN, reboot, all good. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more