CrowdSupport®
Lissimmo
Level 1: Cadet

How can I tell what type of Telstra dongle I have

Answered

Also, how do i reactive it if it has ran out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I tell what type of Telstra dongle I have

If the last recharge ran out more than 6 months ago then the SIM will have been deactivated and you will need to get a new Mobile Broadband Starter Pack.

If it is just that you are on Prepaid Mobile Broadband and the recharge has run out, but the SIM is still active, then you need to log in to My Account via the 24x7 link on the website and recharge it. If you are having problems with doing that, then a trip in to your local Telstra Store would be the quickest way to get it resolved.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

@Lissimmo The dongle should have a model name/number printed on it.

@Lissimmo wrote:

Also, how do i reactive it if it has ran out?

Someone else will be able to confirm, but I would think buying a new $2 SIM and recharge that would do it?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Accepted Solution

If the last recharge ran out more than 6 months ago then the SIM will have been deactivated and you will need to get a new Mobile Broadband Starter Pack.

If it is just that you are on Prepaid Mobile Broadband and the recharge has run out, but the SIM is still active, then you need to log in to My Account via the 24x7 link on the website and recharge it. If you are having problems with doing that, then a trip in to your local Telstra Store would be the quickest way to get it resolved.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

@Jupiter wrote:

@Jupiter Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure on the life expectancy of an inactive SIM.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now