Highlighted
Dale_4711
Level 1: Cadet

Hungry 4G dongle

Answered

I swapped my little netbook to a laptop. My original dongle was a Telstra Turbo prepaid mobile Broadband. This was not compatible with the new laptop so I was given a 4G Telstra prepaid dongle. On my old dongle, I could recharge for 12 months and it would last 9 months. This new one was recharged on 9 Sept 14 with $180 and today (24 Oct) there is only $83 credit remaining. What is going on please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Hungry 4G dongle

Your new laptop probably updated all its software the moment you plugged in. There are so many things on a modern laptop that can chew up your data it would be beyond the scope of this forum to list every single thing. Where possible I can only suggest that you use someone’s adsl or an internet café to do all your updates.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Hungry 4G dongle

Your new laptop probably updated all its software the moment you plugged in. There are so many things on a modern laptop that can chew up your data it would be beyond the scope of this forum to list every single thing. Where possible I can only suggest that you use someone’s adsl or an internet café to do all your updates.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now