Highlighted
Chafrill
Level 2: Rookie

Is the Telstra E353T Broadband USB modem compatible with TP-Link 3G router MR 3420 ?

Answered
Does anyone know if the USB modem sold by Telstra Huawei E353T is compatible with Tp -link 3G router MR 3420. I know the E353 is listed as being compatible on the Tp-link website but is this the T version compatible . As I recently purchased the Telstra MF 626i thinking it would like the MF 626 compatible but I was unable to connect with it to the Internet though the router.i do not want to make the same mistake again. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chafrill
Accepted Solution

Re: Is the Telstra E353T Broadband USB modem compatible with TP-Link 3G router MR 3420 ?

I bought the Telstra E 353T and confirm that it is compatible with the TP-link 3G router and was able to connect to the Telstra network. The same could not be said about the Billion 6200NXL which seems to support the Telstra modem but failed to connect and the Netgear MRN 3000 which did not recognize modem nor connect.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Is the Telstra E353T Broadband USB modem compatible with TP-Link 3G router MR 3420 ?

Hi Chafrill,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Thanks for your post regarding compatibility of TP-Link 3G router MR 3420.

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly to get confirmation Chafrill as we don't have a list of compatible routers that works with our devices other than the information we have on our websites.

I would recommend getting the Telstra Elite Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi if you'd like to share your connection with other devices instead.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chafrill

Thanks Joe for your reply. I was hoping that some of Telstra customers who have purchased the E 353T and already have the Tp-link 3g router 3420 who tested it to reply. As I already contacted Tp -Link and they said that they do not know, as the E353T version is different to the E353 which they say it compatible with their router.Huawei the manufatucer of the modem did not reply to my email. The Telstra Elite Wi-Fi modem is not suitable for me as I need a Ethernet connection.
Chafrill
Accepted Solution

I bought the Telstra E 353T and confirm that it is compatible with the TP-link 3G router and was able to connect to the Telstra network. The same could not be said about the Billion 6200NXL which seems to support the Telstra modem but failed to connect and the Netgear MRN 3000 which did not recognize modem nor connect.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Chafrill,

Thanks for the update and it's great to hear that the TP_Link 3g router MR 3420 worked with your Telstra E 353T device and for confirming it with others here Smiley Happy

Take care now and stick around...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now