Highlighted
SHB1957
Level 2: Rookie

MF910 4GX modem not detected

Answered

I discovered today that my devices (laptop and iPhone) are not detecting the mobile broadband modem (MF910).

I have tried resetting the modem as suggested in an older post on Crowdsupport (May 2017).

I have also tried manually connecting to the modem but I get a message saying that the modem could not be detected.

Resetting the modem did not work. My devices are both detecting other wifi modems in the area so the issue is obviously with the modem.

How can I resolve this issue?

Regards, Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SHB1957
Accepted Solution

Re: MF910 4GX modem not detected

Issue is resolved. The device was faulty. Ended up taking it in to my nearest Telstra Shop and they checked it and decided to replace with a new unit.

Thanks for all previous attempts to give me advice and resolve the issue.

Regards, Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@SHB1957

Where are you seeing this message?

This is usually a message only seen if you're attempting to connect to the modem using USB and something has gone wrong.

The MF910 is capable of Wi-Fi Connections, are you not seeing the network name that displays on it's screen in the list of networks?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SHB1957

When I try to connect with my iPhone via settings - Wi-Fi - CHOOSE A NETWORK - Other and manually entering the network name. The message appears on my iPhone. The modem screen is displaying all the usual data. It appears that the Wi-Fi signal from the modem is not working.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @SHB1957

How long has this issue been going on for?

Is is possible to chat to our tech faults team on 13 22 00 by saying 'mobile' then 'fault' when prompted, to have this looked into?

They may advise you to take it into store to have this device assessed.

Please let me know how you get on.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SHB1957
Accepted Solution

Issue is resolved. The device was faulty. Ended up taking it in to my nearest Telstra Shop and they checked it and decided to replace with a new unit.

Thanks for all previous attempts to give me advice and resolve the issue.

Regards, Steve
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Glad to hear you got a solution, thank you for using CrowdSupport.

- Will

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now