zuiko
Level 1: Cadet

MIMO/diversity support required for LTE?

Answered

We export our industrial product to Australia that currently contains a HSPA+ 3G modem.

In preparation for developing a LTE 4G product, one of our suppliers warned us that in Australia MIMO/diversity is not an option but a requirement with Telstra.

I am familiar with the technological benefits with MIMO, but denying access to the network for non-MIMO devices is an unexpected strategy.

Is our supplier correct, or should we not worry about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: MIMO/diversity support required for LTE?

Telstra wholesale would be better to try and contact I think as they are essentially the owners of the mobile network
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
3 REPLIES
Level 20: Director

All of Telstra's mobile broadband products and hybrid modems are MIMO. However I cant say for certain if every device requires MIMO. Its not likely your question will be able to be answered here as crowd support is mainly support for level 1 technical issues. You'd need to contact Telstra directly to find out more about specifications for devices on the network.
I'm a Premium Services Consultant for Telstra Platinium, Telstra Smart Home & Telstra Trades Assist.

Outage Check - Telstra Troubleshooting Tool - CrowdSupport Wiki - Complaints - Live Chat.

I post on these forums in a Personal Capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
zuiko
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for replying to my question.

When I contacted Telstra they instructed me to post this question here in crowd support, which was a surprise. Not being familiar with Telstra, I did just what they told me to do...

I will try to contact them again.
Accepted Solution

Telstra wholesale would be better to try and contact I think as they are essentially the owners of the mobile network
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale