CrowdSupport®
jsharp
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile 4GX compatible router

I have moved into new offices and have a terrible ADSL service so while I wait for the NBN (Slated in my area for about 5 months) I am using a 4GX USB + Wifi Plus Mobile Broadband Dongle (Model: Huawei E8372). 

However, I also have a Commander VOIP telephone system which must plug into a connection using an ethernet port.

Despite being told that it shoudl be an easy process to plug the dongle into a router with a USB port, turning off either the dongle wifi or the router wifi (so I am only using one) it seems that the dongle isn't compatible with many of the off-the-shelf routers.

I need a simple router with wifi, at least 4 ethernet ports and a usb port that the router can use to connect to the internet.

Is there a compatible list to work with this model?

The alternative (acoording to my local Telstra Business Centre) is to throw away any money I have spent with them previously and take up a new casual 4GX plan with the Higher model dongle and NetGear Cradle for $550.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
jsharp
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Mobile 4GX compatible router

Anyone?  Help?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Mobile 4GX compatible router

Hey jsharp,

You would have to check for a router that can use that make and model of the 4GX USB device in it. We don't have them available so you will have to check specifically with the manufacturer if this device can be used. 

At present the only option we have for a wired connection to the Mobile Broadband devices is that 4GX WiFi device and the cradle to allow this to work correctly. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now