dbeyat45
Level 3: Gumshoe

Mobile Broadband Pre-paid Recharge

The option to set up an automatic recharge when my account reaches a certain dollar value has disappeared from the recharge page.  I can set up a monthly recharge but that is not what I want.

Don1

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile Broadband Pre-paid Recharge

Hi dbeyat45,

You need to login to your Telstra My Account to set up an automatic recharge when your mobile broadband account reaches a certain dollar value. 

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Once you've logged in, click on the mobile broadband service. Then click on "Recharge Settings".

Then you should see the wording "Balance automatic recharge. Automatically top up your credit when your recharge credit reaches a certain amount".

This is what I see when logged into my Account for my mobile broadband service. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
dbeyat45

Thank you for the response but the option has disappeared from my screen, either using Chrome or Firefox.  I will try Edge and report back.

PS:  It WAS there and I did set up an auto recharge amount some time ago, just can't see it now.   Mystery.

Don1
dbeyat45

Just tried Micro$oft Edge and the option is missing too?

Don1

Hi dbeyat45,

Have you changed your Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan?

If you have, it could now be one that doesn't allow you to use the recharge credit, therefore you won't be able to set up a low recharge credit warning.

There's been at least 2 or 3 new plans since I activated mine and the newer ones don't have the option anymore to use the recharge value at "pay as you go" rates. That's why I haven't changed my plan.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
dbeyat45

Smiley,
I haven't changed anything for many years and the blurb still says:

Automatic recharge
Set up an automatic recharge below for ** when your credit reaches a certain dollar amount ** or on the same day each month.

... but the option is not there. I can do a manual recharge (monthly, on the same day) but that's not what I want.

It's frustrating.

Don1

Hi dbeyat45,

Yes, it's a mystery and would be very frustrating. 

I'm on the "Data Pass" plan which I think I activated mine in 2015.

I  can definitely click on the option to set up an automatic recharge when the credit reaches a certain dollar value. 

The Pre-Paid mobile broadband plan after mine was the Data Pass 11 and with this plan Telstra stop customer's being able to use the recharge credit at PAYG rates.

I can only suggest that you speak to the Pre-Paid team on 132200 (8am-9pm AEDT). They'll be able to look at your Account and hopefully see why you can't activate this feature yourself....and possibly do it for you. 

mjmars1985
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi,

I hope this can help you,

Setting up a Balance Based Recharge

With saved payment details and a recharge PIN you can set up a Balance Based Recharge though My Account:

Click Recharge > Automatic/Scheduled Recharge
Choose your recharge amount and it will be automatically deducted when your main balance drops below, or is equal to your chosen amount
Things you need to know:

If your credit expires this will trigger your balance based recharge;
- you’ll lose any remaining balance
If roaming overseas with a balance based recharge, you’ll receive alerts when you use 50%, 85% and 100% of $100 worth of PAYG data
dbeyat45

Might have to do that ..... sigh.

Don1
dbeyat45

The auto recharge based on balance does not appear on my screen.

Don1
mjmars1985

Hi,
Try doing : access my account

Save your credit/debit card as a payment method
Select Balance & Recharge tab from homepage
Select Recharge settings, then Scheduled monthly recharge
Select:
Recharge day
Recharge Amount
Payment method
Click Save
mjmars1985

possible its not appearing since its a newly activated device/service w/c doesnt have a recharge history.
mjmars1985

try also doing this :

Scheduled Monthly Recharge

Save your payment details and set up a four digit recharge PIN in My Account,
You can then access the scheduled monthly recharge service via My Account, using the Telstra 24x7 App, visiting m.telstra.com on your device, dialling #100# or calling 125 8888
The recharge amount will be automatically deducted each month on the date you selected, using your saved payment method
Compatible with Pre-Paid plans with an expiry period of 28 to 31 days
Balance Based Recharge

To set up Balance Based Recharge, log into My Account
Allows you to recharge your Pre-Paid service automatically when your Pre-Paid account balance drops to a selected value
You can choose a recharge amount is to be applied using your saved payment method
Only available on compatible plans
dbeyat45

No. Old device.

Don1
dbeyat45

Don't want a monthly top-up payment. I want to have an automatic recharge when a certain dollar amount is reached.

Don1
dbeyat45

"To set up Balance Based Recharge, log into My Account
Allows you to recharge your Pre-Paid service automatically when your Pre-Paid account balance drops to a selected value"

That option does not appear on *MY* account screens under Chrome, Firefox or Edge. It used to.  It's also unavailable on the 24/7 App.

Don1
dbeyat45

I have finally spoken with Telstra on 132200 (?) and they advised me - very unconvincingly - that there is a current fault that the web team are working on. I'm giving up and going to do a manual recharge. :-(

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help. :-)

Don1

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more