CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
aj1946
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Broadband Usage

Answered

My mobile usage has gone from approx 250mb per day to over 600mb per for no apparent reason.I was foolish & downloaded a movie from Chilli torrents in December & it seems that since then things have gone crazy.I am not computer literate & am having trouble trying to find out if something is running without my knowledge.The data usage on the computer is showing constant usage even though I do not think I am using anything.Any help in basic laymans language would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband Usage

If you've downloaded a file on a torrent, it's a P2P network. The way it works is it downloads and uploads data. So you may need to check your torrent program to see if there is data being sent out.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Accepted Solution

If you've downloaded a file on a torrent, it's a P2P network. The way it works is it downloads and uploads data. So you may need to check your torrent program to see if there is data being sent out.

View solution in original post

aj1946
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you, I have uninstalled torrent & hope my problem is solved.

pawlus
Level 1: Cadet

My usage went haywire too. I change the password on my wifi and it has settled down, could be a co-incident. Worth a try.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now