CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Broadband data usage slow to update

We're currently using a 4G wireless broadband device while we wait for Telstra to get around to connecting a landline for us (been a month so far...).

At the moment the Usage page of my account only shows usage up until the 19th of March. It is now the 25th of March, and the wireless device has been used daily since the 19th.

This same issue occurred with my last data block - the Usage page did not show any usage for days. I also notice that my usage meter skips days (it's showing usage on the 14th and 17th of March, but none for the days in between these dates) even though I use the 4G wireless devide daily.

How am I meant to manage my data when my usage is not updated in a timely manner? I'm paying enough for this wireless without having to top up unexpectedly because a week's worth of usage is applied in one day.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Mobile Broadband data usage slow to update

Hi Kells,

Usually data usage is around 6-24 hours behind, but it seems in your case its a little bit longer than that.

I'd suggest contacting our Mobile faults team on 132200 to look into this further.

Also are you using My Account or 24x7 App to monitor your usage?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I agree with the comments by Kells. I'm using My Account and it is consistently 4 days behind with updates.
I stopped using 24x7 for this very reason.
It's not normally a problem for me because I rarely use 25% of my quota but I'm away from home and not roaming, using my Android as a hotspot for my laptop.
Surely it's not rocket science to report data usage within the 6 to 48 hoist as stated on the My Account page.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi jaybee_au, one of the reasons for data usage not being updated in your account is due to background data connections on a lot of new smartphones - even if you're not using the net yourself the phone may still remain connected. The data usage information is only collated from your phone once the session ends, so if you manually terminate any background connections by turning off 3G network connections in your mobile's settings for a couple of minutes this may help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Kudo. I'll give it a try now and look for an update later today.
Highlighted

Hi Kudo,

Turning off data in settings didn't seem to do much so I shut the phone off for an hour. That seemed to do the trick.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit