CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Broadband elite on my second laptop.....

Answered

i have bought a second laptop but when i use my broadband device on it it doesnt connect

what do i need to change so that the device will work in both?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband elite on my second laptop.....

Hi Storbror,

Open the connection manager then press and hold "SHIFT" and whilst holding it click on Tools then Options. You should now see an extra tab in there named "Diagnosis". Select this Tab and check the box "Signup has been completed for this device". You may require to select Pre-Paid in device type first to check the box. Once the box is checked, hit Apply then OK. You can now try connecting again

If this doesn't work - please remove the device and restart the computer and try again.

Please let me know how this goes.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Storbror,

What sort of Mobile Broadband device do you have? USB or Wi-Fi?

If you have a USB device you should simply be able to connect the device to the new computer and the Mobile Broadband manager will install - You should be able to connect from the manager once installed.

If you have a Wi-Fi device then all you need to do is find the network name of the Wi-Fi device and connect to it with the WPA security key provided. (Your other computer may have used this to connect previously if it was Wi-Fi too).

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

hi matt - thanks for replying

its USB

installs fine, but at the connect screen it says "this prepaid has not been activated"

continues to workfine on my older laptop, but just cant get it to work on my newer one

i am a complete noob with computers, so its bound to be something simple...any ideas?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Storbror,

Open the connection manager then press and hold "SHIFT" and whilst holding it click on Tools then Options. You should now see an extra tab in there named "Diagnosis". Select this Tab and check the box "Signup has been completed for this device". You may require to select Pre-Paid in device type first to check the box. Once the box is checked, hit Apply then OK. You can now try connecting again

If this doesn't work - please remove the device and restart the computer and try again.

Please let me know how this goes.

-Matt W

View solution in original post

Highlighted

thats done the job, matt

thanks very much for your help!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit