CrowdSupport®
Lindat44
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Broadband slow

Answered
We live out of town and have Netgear Wireless Broadband. For the past 2 weeks it's been slow to the point of almost non existent. This is happening to around 5 of our neighbors also. We've all phoned Telstra only to be told there are no problems in our area and they will investigate. So far nothing has been fixed. Does anyone know how we can collectively get Tesltras attention? It's very frustrating :/
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband slow

Hi,

Ok,  did you get a reference number?

If so, ring back and ask for an update... if your not happy, ask for your problem to be escalated and don't take NO for an answer... if they won't, ask for their supervisor and see if they will escalate the job... the problem with these basic level one people is that they have very limited and basic knowledge about anything and they're told to try and resolve everything at their level(makes for good KPI's and meets SLA's)... however most issues are far beyond they're level.... and yes, half of telstra and moderators on this forum are now going to jump down my throat and tell me I'm wrong...the reason why we need this forum is because level one can't do what's required....so let the fireworks begin...  If you still don't get any joy, then maybe you can all go down to your local telstra store and tell them that "you're not happy JAN!"

There is also a complaints number you can try and if all else fails and the problem persists, then a combined complaint to the Ombudsman maybe your final avenue.

Good luck...

cheers

Lindat44
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the advice TheWanderer38. I'll try it tomorrow Smiley Wink

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Ok,  did you get a reference number?

If so, ring back and ask for an update... if your not happy, ask for your problem to be escalated and don't take NO for an answer... if they won't, ask for their supervisor and see if they will escalate the job... the problem with these basic level one people is that they have very limited and basic knowledge about anything and they're told to try and resolve everything at their level(makes for good KPI's and meets SLA's)... however most issues are far beyond they're level.... and yes, half of telstra and moderators on this forum are now going to jump down my throat and tell me I'm wrong...the reason why we need this forum is because level one can't do what's required....so let the fireworks begin...  If you still don't get any joy, then maybe you can all go down to your local telstra store and tell them that "you're not happy JAN!"

There is also a complaints number you can try and if all else fails and the problem persists, then a combined complaint to the Ombudsman maybe your final avenue.

Good luck...

cheers

Lindat44
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the advice TheWanderer38. I'll try it tomorrow Smiley Wink
Hills-man
Level 1: Cadet

We have been having the same problem in the Kallista area (Victoria). My mobile boradband is so slow it's been down to 50 Kbps - yes, that's almost dial up speed. Much of the time there is no internet connection at all.

I went out and purchased an Optus pre-paid modem to see if I would have the same problem and I discovered that I can get a better signal and speed from Optus at the very same time the Telstra speed is bad - and yet both signals come from the same tower which is only 1.5 Km away from the house and in direct siight.

I get no assistance from the people in the Phillipines. I have even been to the Ombudsman and after many months of complaints - Telstra called a halt to the investigation and concluded (and I quote) "The Issue is no closed as it is unresolvable"

How many other people are suffereing from poor reception and bad service from Telstra?

I wonder how we can go viral with this?? Can people that have problems contact me somehow?? I'm new to these chatrooms. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there,

We do have a Coverage Feedback form where you can report the details of the coverage problem you are experiencing so that we can investigate further to have this resolved.

I sincerely apologise that you have been having so many difficulties with your Mobile Broadband.

Please let me know if we can do anything else to assist.

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now