Highlighted
rachchristie
Level 2: Rookie

'Mobile Card not registered' How do I do this?

Answered

I was recently given a previously used Bigpond Turbo USB and purchased my own SIM for it, activated the sim and recharged it. I also downloaded the connection manager.

Whenever I insert the USB, an information box pops up telling me that "Mobile card has not been registered" and I try to register it but the link always ends up with 'sorry the installer cannot connect to the network'. 

How could I register this?? I thought it would just work automatically if I activated the sim and recharged?? I also get full Telstra reception where i live so this is not an issue..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: 'Mobile Card not registered' How do I do this?

Can you make sure you have set the APN in settings to telstra.internet. It cannot be telstra.bigpond and you need to ensure usernames and passwords are removed.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Ben_F

On the connection Manager, Hold the Shift Key and click the Settings Button.

There should be a new tab (Diagnosis I think) and you can then select "This Device is Activated"

You will also need to change the APN to telstra.internet or telstra.wap and remove any usernames or passwords that might be in there.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

QwertFu
Level 12: Master Detective

Kudos Ben,

In the newer software there is a dropdown option to switch modes between TMB/PrePaid/Bigpond. You can grab the latest software from the Telstra Business site.

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
rachchristie

Thanks, 

The newer software doesnt show the 'mobile card not registered' anymore but it won't allow me to connect to the internet either...

Ben_F
Accepted Solution

Can you make sure you have set the APN in settings to telstra.internet. It cannot be telstra.bigpond and you need to ensure usernames and passwords are removed.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

rachchristie

Thankyou! I had the APN settings correct just hadn't changed the username.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now